FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Merry Christmas

The papier-mâché nativity was made by Gregory when he was 11 years old. His creativity and the detail is amazing. His mother saved and displayed it through his growing up, high school, and college years and gave it back to us a long time ago. Each year it has held a place of honor in the condo. This year it did not make an appearance for the obvious reason but I am pleased to see it here!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing a photo of Michael's lovely Nativity scene with us.

    I ran across an old post of yours that has a hammered aluminum bowl filled with Vintage Santas. I intended every day to find my Vintage Santas that I think are very similar. Mike Botts stuck them on florist sticks to tuck into Christmas arrangements, some 30 years ago at Boxwood Gardens. Some 25 years ago, I bought boxes of similar, smaller Santas at a little shop somewhere south of Atlanta. Maybe I'll look for them again.

    I saw something recently that suggested these tiny ceramics are cupcake toppers. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas. Actually, I am Michael and the nativity was made by Gregory. Don't feel bad about the mix-up. Even our closest friends call me Gregory and used to call him Michael :-) Yes, I love those little Santas. Another actually, there are good quality plastic not ceramic. I keep a bowl of them by the door (with my Jewish Dreidels) and invite my guests to take one after their visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized as soon as I hit 'send' that I'd mixed up the names. I did know better. I had Michael Botts on my mind, I guess, with the Santas. Somebody here (not me) used to sometimes call one of the children by the dog's name. Blame it on old age.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!