FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, December 21, 2015

And again.

I say I will grieve less and then I cry, and sob, and moan, and scream, and pound, and rage and then I find calm again and then I continue again. And again. And again. And again.

6 comments:

  1. Was my late man's birthday yesterday, gone three and a half years now and still miss him so much. Thinking of you! Big hugs. Maarten. South Africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maarten. I hope you can still feel the joy of your relationship as you look through the pain. Fondly, Michael

      Delete
  2. Curious that I ran across my file on Consolation this morning before I read your post, full of other people's opinions. This one graphically describes how we sometimes feel:

    "And you do come out of it, that’s true. After a year, after five. But you don’t come out of it like a train coming out of a tunnel, bursting through the downs into sunshine and that swift, rattling descent to the Channel; you come out of it as a gull comes out of an oil-slick. You are tarred and feathered for life.”
    ― Julian Barnes, Flaubert's Parrot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you every step of the way... HUGE hugs and loads of healing light coming your way. Your friend from Oz, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate. At least we are not in Kansas anymore! Just got back from my Grieving and Loss Yoga Class Series, feeling very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!