FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Brainstorming Chart

May have posted this previously but just came across it today as I was cleaning up my computer files. Did this one day last year when I was feeling "down" and wanted to revisit my apologies to Gregory, and to list everything I could think of for which I was grateful. 

One thing I did not include was what a trooper Gregory was, always kind, calm, patient, loving, forgiving, etc etc etc.

Hope you can read this or enlarge it on your computer screen. If you cannot read the "small print" and would like me to send you a copy via e-mail or snail mail let me know.

2 comments:

  1. This chart could be useful for a number of tasks. Clicking and more clicking, depending on the browser one uses, makes it larger. I never thought to ask if you blog on a Mac or on a PC?

    Sometimes when I come here I just chose a subject in the sidebar and read. I clicked on Cemetery. When I read about sending the ashes to Lake Michigan, I was seriously reminded about the husband of one of my patients who handled the busywork of grief by taking the ashes of his late wife to scatter a handful on every golf course she ever made a hole in one, including St. Andrews in Scotland. He was the same man who made a snide remark about all the widows in town coming by to bring their little casseroles to an [in their eyes now] eligible man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't make a snide remark about being a widow(er) but all my friends feel the need to invite me over often and sometimes I would just rather be "home alone." They are well meaning and understand when I say, "Maybe next time." P.S. I have been on a "Mac" since they came out. I started working on my "Apple" early in the game because the school where I coordinate the program for Gifted (Smart) ones got a bunch and didn't know what to do with them. "Give 'em to the smart kids, they have time on their hands, and they will be able to figure out this new fangled machine!" I just recently purchased a brand spanking new 27" iMac for my new office in the living room (where Gregory used to have his desk.) When I get it a little more organized, I'll post a photo.

      Delete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!