FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Update 1/11/14

UPDATE for GREGORY 01/11/14: 

Continued calm, good night sleep, more alert today. 

Transferred to Lieberman Center Alzheimer's Floor at 4 this afternoon. Transfer from hospital went well. 

Met G at his room, said our goodbyes for the day, and sent him off to the dining room. 

Even though alert he is probably not aware of his surroundings or what is happening. He never asked about the hospital or "Why am I here?" He was accepting of the situation without questions. 

I'll visit again tomorrow, bring a few more personal items, and maybe have dinner with him. 

On Monday I expect I will meet with his doctor, social worker, intake, and psychiatrist. I anticipate several weeks of adjustment before he is ready for any visitors. 

Based on his recent rapid decline, I really do not know who Gregory is today, what he is thinking, what he is able to do or not do. I expect this will become clearer as he settles into his new space. 

Thanks to Robyn G who helped get me on the right track for getting help for Gregory and to Roger Z who has been with me since Friday afternoon, 

Again thanks to you for being there and for giving continued privacy for G and for myself. 

Fondly, Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!