FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Circular Thinking

I live my life in circles. Especially with so much time taken up by being responsible for two lives, my own and Gregory's.

The Morning Cycle: get up, let the cats out of the bathroom, drink coffee, help G toilet and shave, help G get dressed, start my computer, give G toast or juice to start, drink coffee, sit at my computer writing or maintaining our life, make breakfast for G, have toast myself, begin the day by noon.

The Day's Cycle: turn on the lights, raise the shades, brew the coffee, bring in the New York Times, spend the day, prepare dinner, clean up dinner, watch TV, read aloud, go to sleep.

The Cleaning Cycle: turn on the lights as I pick up old newspaper and put in recycle bin by door as I bring in the current newspaper and put on Gregory's table as I pick up my coffee and add the milk as I take it into the bedroom and place on the computer desk as I turn on the bathroom heat as I pick up the old cat food bowls as I bring them into the kitchen as I pick up the glue from the counter and return it to the TV room as I straighten the couch pillows as I take away last nights soda glass as I return it to the kitchen as I go by the hall closet and get the stick vacuum as I take it to the bedroom to pick up the sock lint on the carpet as I take it into the bathroom to vacuum up spilled (or kicked out) kitty litter as I return it to the closet as I reach into the washer and put the wet clothes into the dryer as I go into the bedroom to get the dirty clothes as I put them into the washer as I add soap to the machine as I go into the kitchen to add "soap" to the grocery list as I look through the coupons as I put them on the pocket table in the front hall as I pick up the mail and bring it into the bedroom as I open the mail and drink coffee as I put the opened envelopes into the garbage pail as i take the pail to the kitchen to empty it into recyle as I pick up the "yuck" garbage and take it into the bathroom to empty the kitty litter filled zip locks as I take the "yuck" and the recycled newspaper down the hall to the garbage room and I continue to cycle through the condo and through my day, picking up one thing, taking it to another place while picking up the next thing and taking it to the next place, and so on and so forth until everything is done and in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!