FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Update 1/09

Sorry (not really) that I have been absent on the BLOG but it has been a hectic time since the last post on Tuesday.

Gregory has been in a regular room at Evanston Hospital with a "sitter" since Tuesday. He seems more calm but they are still working on leveling out his sedative drugs. He is eating well and sleeping well. Yesterday and today he acknowledged my presence, and responded to my "I love you's. He has been cooperative with hospital staff. (Who have been wonderful.)

I believe I have found a great place for him to move to for an assisted living situation. Been on the phone and making decisions until I forget who I talked to and what we said.

Made of list on the computer of all the important information I needed to remember and have as reference and forgot it at home when I went to visit him this afternoon. Oh well. At least it is all down and in one place.

Will keep you in touch with our progress and more details.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted, as I was wondering what was happening. Keeping you in my thoughts always. Much love. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!