FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Facebook Responses

From time to time I will post responses that I received to my various update e-mails on Gregory's decline which eventually led to his needing to be at a memory care facility.

While many of them are a tribute to me (felt good, thanks) I am sharing them more for those of you out there who are deeply involved yourself in loving someone with dementia. 

Gregory and I have so many loving friends and family members that I felt it my responsibility to keep everyone up to date on his "progress." Also, when people would visit us, they would know what to expect and how to behave.

Not being in frequent contact with many of our family and friends and with many being spread out all across the country, I felt e-mail and periodically Facebook was a good way to do so.

The comments were pleasantly unexpected. The support welcome.

These were responses from Facebook, which by the nature of Facebook are brief, "clicks" comments:

So sorry to hear this. K filled us in on this and we feel sad for you, but know this is for the best for both of you. We think of you often and wish you the best.

Love you both

Thoughts to you

I can't "like" this. Sorry to hear this. We are thinking of you both. XOXOX

Wow!! Big hugs to you Michael!!!! You are and have been the best/strongest/most loving advocate I know!! God Bless you and Greg!!! 

My heart is with you Michael, a very tough decision, but probably the best for Greg. Luv to you both.

Sending you a hug. Listen to yourself, do not question your actions. You know what is best right now. That is what unconditional love is about. Making the decision to put my Mother in a care facility was tough but the best thing for her and for me.

Thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Thinking of both of you at this difficult time. Very tough decision but a good one for both of you. My prayers are with you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both during this difficult time.

Thinking of you both.

It is such a hard decision but the health of both of you is important.... glad that you are both where you need to be at this time....sending you much love and support.

Sorry to hear that news, glad that you are able to make the best of it. My thoughts are with you both.

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Good decision in deed!

What a tremendously hard decision to work thru. I wish you both the best.

Hugs to you.

Sending lots of love your way, what a difficult decision to have to make for the person you love more than yourself. My heart goes out to you both.

You have done everything you could possibly do.

Sending you both much love, beautiful Michael.

My heart is with you both. So much I want to say to you...I think you know how much I adore and admire you, and how brave this move was. Hang in there!!!!

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish the best for both of you You both are in my thoughts.

I'm sure this was hard for you, but you made the right decision. Thanks for all of the updates. Love reading your blog.

So sorry to hear this, Michael. I wish you and Gregory all the best through this very difficult time.

You're both in my prayers.

What a difficult decision for you Michael. So sorry to hear of this - keeping both of you in my prayers.

Sending you lots of love, energy and piece. Praying for you both! You are not alone! Xoxoxo

Holding you both close!

Wow Michael, what a brave and beautiful thing…

Sending good thoughts & prayers for you both

Thanks for your openness always

Prayers & positive thoughts for you both!

Thinking of you both, Michael.

 U R amazing

I am so sorry Michael. I know how hard this must be for you. My prayers go out to both of you.

 Thinking of you…both.

Sending oodles of love. Will call to work out a visit.

Love you very much

Michael, I can't bring myself to post on FB my feelings about your latest post. Please know that my heartfelt thoughts are with both you and Gregory. I embrace you with love, dear one.

 A brave and loving decision. Peace to you both. xxoo

All my love and support to you. Please know that you have many hearts and prayers on both your behalf's on this long journey.

My heart included.

 You both are fantastic... My thoughts are with you.

All my love to you both!


Wishing you strength for your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!