FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Last Daily Update

UPDATE 01/12/14

LAST update for a while as Gregory and I continue to settle into our new lives. He is doing well at Lieberman Center, adjusting to his new surroundings, slept well, remains calm, tells me (once again) how happy he his, no longer angry or agitated (and without use drugs!) Is slow, a little unsteady on his feet, somewhat unaware of his surroundings but asks no questions. Quickly becoming floor staff favorite.

When I arrived at 2:00 today, he was watching (with a group of 12 or so people) "South Pacific," which is his favorite musical, on the large screen TV. We visited in his room and walked around the facility for exercise. 

Next week I will begin to personalize his room. I am adjusting to being "alone" in the condo as well as in my life (with so many supportive friends and family.) I can look forward to visiting him without any of the responsibilities of caregiving, just the good times!

You are welcome to be in touch with me again and to visit him if in the area by contacting me first. Love you all. Thanks for being there for us! 

Check this BLOG for continued thoughts, experiences, insights, poems, and progress etc as Gregory''s journey with Alzheimer's continues and as I continue walking on the path with him only a little further behind.

3 comments:

  1. Gregory is well-held by you and now also by his new caregivers. Sending lots of good and positive vibes to you and to Gregory on this new twist on life's journey. As Kurt Vonnegut said, such surprise travel detours are "dancing lessons from God."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your gentle support, your creative insightful life, your educator sensibilities are appreciated and loved.

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear that Greg is adjusting to his new place, and that you seem to be also. You sound more at peace, and that makes me happy. No doubt this decision, while huge, was the right one. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!