FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Faith II: Why do we love?

I have posted here before about the concept of "Faith." I have found my views reflected and strengthened and improved by the book: Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience, by Sharon Salzburg.

Here is a quote from her book:

"... I was asked, "'Why do we love people?' I answered, 'Because they recognize us.' I think this is true. When someone recognizes a basic goodness within us, beyond our habits  and conditioning, when someone recognizes who we fundamentally are, it is the most important thing that can happen to us, and we respond with great love."

Gregory did this for me. He not only encouraged me to be myself but he encouraged me to be more of who I was!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!