FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Treading Water

I visit Gregory every day at the Lieberman Center for at least two to three hours.

I have seen a number of plays, operas, and musicals with friends taking my other ticket.

I am finishing up my second volume of poetry which will be ready for publication very soon.

When the next volume of poetry comes out, I am planning a poetry reading for the condo's book club.

I am going through the condo and making changes to reflect my living here by myself.

Slowly working my way through the condo getting rid of stuff that I no longer use or need.

Thinking about what colors I might paint the various rooms.

Doing laundry, grocery shopping, some cooking but not as much as previously.

Getting good nights of sleep.

Playing with the kitties as well as grooming them, feeding them, and cleaning their kitty litter every morning.

Thinking on and off about future adventures around Chicago, future trips and travel.

Will be having guests spend weekends here with me.

Discovering new restaurants not only in the neighborhood but in the Chicago area.

Catching up on reading. Both fiction and non-fiction as well as unusual art books.

Continue to meditate every day, do a lot of reading on Buddhism, and am thinking about going on some kind of personal retreat.

Thinking about the next mini-museum: "MCM" or Michael's Closet Museum which will be a traveling museum show that will occupy an abandoned or loaned closet, floor to ceiling, back and side walls, nicely lit and organized, in some cultural building like an existing museum, or a library, etc.

Continuing to create jewelry and "Small Greeting Gifts" for my booth, Michael Beads, at The Galleria in Evanston (just across from the condo.)

Am catching up on TV: Downton Abby, House of Cards, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, Mystery, etc.

Would like to again begin sending out my manuscript, GYROSCOPE: An Alzheimer's Love Story, to see if I can get it published.

Have an authentic turn of the century, Victorian Opera House Puppet Theater that my friend Eric gave me (he purchased it at the Chicago History Museum's Attic Sale some 25 years ago.) I want to create a story using the theater and "props" I have around the house by photo documentation.

But you know what? With all these goals, projects, activities, and fancies ... I feel like I am just treading water. Day at a time. Trying to get used to my new life without Gregory.






1 comment:

  1. Dear Michael, I am glad that you are finding ways to enrich your life, as difficult as this all may be. Your writing is a gift to us all. Hang in there. Anne S.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!