FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Let Go & Let God (The Universe and My Inner Self)

Let's just say it is easier for now to use the word God if you allow me to define him/her in my own way. The concept here is that you can read the word in your way and I can read it in my way and probably both will have the same effect.

You may have read about my understanding of the God Concept previously, I did an entire run of posts "Searching for God" on my writer's BLOG, Scroll down the right column to the LABELS listing, find GOD listed alphabetically, click, and you will come to the 14 posts of which I speak.

(opens in a new window)

When asked, "What is the meaning of life?" I have the tendency to answer, "Love." Maybe the answer to "What is God?" is the same "Love."

All this leading up to today's entry in DailyWord, a very positive on life outlook publication from Unity that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for daily inspiration and understanding. It is not steeped in religion however does use God, and Jesus as focal points.

The Daily Word for today means a lot to me as I continue to work through Gregory's now being in long term care, never to return home again, never to share the daily life we used to lead even when "tainted" by Alzheimer's. I miss his being here with me even though it was often "hell." Sounds strange for me to be saying that but some changes are so big that they cannot be taken in all at once. Takes time, numbing, dealing, forgiving, understanding, etc.


Daily Word: Daily Inspiration From Unity
Saturday, February 1, 2014
LET GO,LET GOD
THE UNIVERSE & MY INNER SELF
I boldly let go and trust in God.
Holding on to the familiar may feel more comfortable than facing the unknown. Change can be frightening. Yet as I look back at my life, my breakthroughs have occurred when I was willing to let go of the usual routine, accept any temporary discomfort of change, and try something new.
With this in mind, I now set aside any anxiety about a potential change and trust in God.(the Universe and my Inner Self) I let go of others’ expectations and follow my inner calling. I let go of the way things have always been and let God (the Universe and my Inner Self) lead the way to something new. Releasing any fear of the unknown, I step out in faith.
I boldly let go and let God (the Universe and my Inner Self) and see my life unfold in new and exciting ways.
Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.—Psalm 25:4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!