FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Letter

Dear Michael,

THIS IS FROM MARY ELLEN. Thank you for such a heart-felt and comprehensive description of your circumstances with Gregory.  It is so hard for me to grasp the shrunken life that you two now share today. It must be so tough for you to handle.

I cherish as my best memory of Greg when he came to be our house manager on Pine Grove and started to cook gourmet meals for our Thresholds members.  Though he was between jobs, he gave his whole effort to turn this gig into a transforming opportunity to the betterment of our members.  It was my first job in charge of a residence, and I would not have made it without him!

Your saga is a reality that Bob now faces with the progression of my Alzheimer’s.  It’s been about a year since my official diagnosis and I have managed to take my memory’s gradual decline with acceptance and good humor.  Bob has you to thank as his role model for patience and resilience. He will need you.  We all need your inspiration.

Give my love to Greg, hoping he might remember me as his buddy at Thresholds & Pine Grove.  Also please accept our admiration for all that you’ve done out of love for Greg and for putting your heart out there on the blog for all of us to ride along with you on this journey. We cheer you on!!!

Love and hugs, Mary Ellen  and Bob

Please feel free to include this on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!