FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

UNITY World Prayer Day - September 10, 2015

I always say I do not pray. I certainly do not bargain or beg or promise. But I do contemplate my behavior, my actions, my wishes and desires; and when I am unhappy with them attempt to change them. Maybe that is what you call prayer. Maybe it is a question of semantics.

I won't even go into "Is there a God?" Lets just say that I respect you calling him/her what you want. I always say I do not believe in God but I do believe that there is something greater than I could ever hope to understand that somehow exists "so far out there" or "so deep inside" that helps govern our world, our lives, our selves.

I believe in meditation. I believe in quieting myself from the daily rigors and activities and craziness of each day and night.

I believe in doing good for those who need our support or help. I believe in lending an ear to someone who needs to talk. I believe in doing something for someone who cannot do it for them-self. I believe in holding someone's hand and sitting together silently.

I believe in doing what I can to help relieve suffering and pain; in myself, in my family and friends, in my community, in my world.

I believe that we, as individuals, by our beliefs and actions can change the world into a better place for everyone who lives here with us.

Then something like UNITY's World Prayer Day occurs and I feel good about it. UNITY is a positive religion that embraces most beliefs. Unity has people and centers that spend their time praying for others and their needs.

Maybe just that outpouring of energy can make a difference, maybe just the good feelings that occur inside a person when thinking and/or believing that this is possible can make a difference, maybe you and I can make a difference.

Here is more information about UNITY's World Prayer Day. Each link opens in a new window.

Click here for the Unity Site
Click here to learn more about World Prayer Day
Click here to light a candle for World Prayer Day
Click here to add names to the World Prayer Day list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!