FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Tear Time

It's tear time again. Will they ever stop?

Just found out that a dear friend has been diagnosed with Dementia/ Alzheimer's. She is much older than Gregory when we received his diagnosis, and I am sorry she has to deal with this and wish her the best that can be until she decides to "go home," but it causes me to relive my sorrows of the last twelve years with Gregory and the possibilities that she and her family are just beginning to travel. So the tears.

I am honored that the family trusted me with this information and that they have enlisted my advice which I will give lovingly and freely. But I know it will bring my sorrows to the surface again as I share what I have experienced and what I believe to be true in helping my friend live as productive a life as possible. Remember, "Lie Down and Die or Hunker Down and Live!"

Utmost in my mind is the advice from my blogger friend Kate www.kateswaffer.com that one needs to continue to live as big and as loud as one can; work around the changes and not to let the diagnosis bring you down.


2 comments:

  1. yes, and there are many blessings to be found as well:

    http://myalzheimersstory.com/2015/08/24/ive-been-blessed-5-good-things-alzheimers-dementia-brought-more-of-into-my-life/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!