FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, August 14, 2015

Not A Day Goes By

I just got home after spending the entire day with Gregory. Manny was on a religious leave so I helped Gregory with lunch, shaving, brushing his teeth, and napping.

Then we exercised to "Abba" and we just smiled and laughed through the entire session. Got more accomplished using music and calling it dancing: no exercise, no stretching, no pushups, no jumping jacks; just plain old Disco Dancing.

Then we watched some TV, I ran out and got some Sushi as a treat (and as a break in the day for me) which Gregory really enjoyed for the first time in some 20 months.

Next a little more napping, I reclined his wheel chair and napped also on his bed.

Next was dinner and finally parking him in front of "The Wizzard of Oz" and taking my leave until tomorrow morning.

Now home and coming down from an engaged, love filled, hectic day; I didn't need to do this to myself but the song came across my Facebook, by Sondheim as sung by Bernadette Peters. So now, cry a few tears with me.



NOT A DAY GOES BY

Not a day goes by,
Not a single day
But you're somewhere a part of my life
And it looks like you'll stay.
As the days go by,
I keep thinking, "When does it end?
Where 's the day I'll have started forgetting?"
But I just go on
Thinking and sweating
And cursing and crying
And turning and reaching
And waking and dying

And no,
Not a day goes by,
Not a blessed day.
But you're still somewhere part of my life
And you won't go away.
So there's hell to pay.
And until I die
I'll die day after day
After day after day
After day after day
After day
Till the days go by
Till the days go by
Till the days go by
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/stephen-sondheim/not-a-day-goes-by-lyrics/#RCfZZgwsTyly6Ohd.99

2 comments:


  1. Your blog from 8/14 really resonated. I do admire you so for being such a good caregiver, writer and incredible guy altogether.

    Love and hugs,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! :) From Amazing Susan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!