FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

It Was Perseveration I Know (Sung to the tune of ...)

Gregory woke at 9:00 and did his morning bath rooming. After "wiping" he pulled up his sleep shorts, stood at the sink, took a "wet wipe" out of the box and didn't know what to do with it. I was still in bed and watched from across the bedroom. First I wanted to see what would happen. Second I knew I couldn't explain the situation to him and probably would have difficulty showing him. Third I didn't want to interfere and as long as he wasn't upset I waited.

For approximately 30 minutes he studied the wet wipe in his hand, studied the box, moved over to the toilet, moved back to the sink. Again and again and again. Finally he threw the unused wet wipe into the garbage can and began setting up his electric shaver, at which he was successful. It is the 30 minutes that amazed me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!