FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Trial by Fire

4+ hour flight after an inflight breakfast of French Toast, ham, fresh fruit, OJ and coffee. Picked up my Toyota rental without problem. Set up my iPhone with my GPS and headed to my Best Western motel.

That is when I remembered how crazy it is to drive in California! Freeway blending into freeway splitting into highways going every which way. Sometimes ten lanes across, everyone going at least 65 mph, switching lanes on a monents notice (or less!)

My GPS did a fairly good job of keeping up with her directions but sometimes the moves were so quick that she faltered. Only had to do one U-turn, one go to the next exit and come back, and one turn into a parking area to regroup.

But here I am in sunny Orange, California in my motel room, stripped down and about to take a nap. Was up at 5:30 to leave for the airport at 6:30. Do not remember when the last time I realized that it gets light out so early!

I'll keep you up to date on the documentary screening and my Southern California Adventures using my iPad Mini and my Logitec Mini Keyboard.

Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!