FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, May 22, 2015

An E-Mail from Amazing Susan

Michael,

I’m about 1 million blog posts behind in commenting on your blog, they’re all in a queue in my inbox… I try to do too many things!

Anyway, sorry about that, I will get them eventually – hopefully it will be in this lifetime.

I just had to write and say that your thank you speech moved me to tears. I started to cry basically in the first paragraph and didn’t stop. I will make the comment on the post itself of course, and I thought I would take a few paragraphs out and create a blog post on my alzheimers story with a link to the full post on your blog of course.


But before I do that, I wondered if the documentary is available online? Because it sounds amazing, and I would like to either put it in my post or provide a link to it. If it’s not available online, is there a way to make it available online in the very near future? What can we do to make this happen?

 I am in complete awe of you and Gregory and I’m so glad that we have had the chance to connect. This disease is tragic, but there are so many treasures and gems to be found  Including new friendships and growth and deeper self-awareness.

Thank you so much for all you do.  I hereby make you an honorary amazing woman :P -  that’s kind of like being knighted by the Queen :P  or a Queen if you prefer :P


Playfully,


SusanSusan Macaulay

Writer, editor, coach, blogger, creator


MY RESPONSE TO SUSAN: 

Hi. Thank you so so much for your kind, supportive comments. Yes, the documentary experience was yet another “once in a lifetime” of which I have been fortunate to have had a number. And yes there are so many gifts that Alzheimer’s gives if you can be at peace enough to see them. Thanks for the honorary knighting. Can you imagine a Queen knighting a Queen (although I do not behave like one:-)

Yes the documentary will be available publicly and on my blog … but not for a while yet. The team will be entering it into a number of Film Festivals and the festivals all have strict rules about “previously seen” materials. I will discuss this further on a blog when I get the chance. 

You are more than welcome to quote my “Thank You Speech” or any other of my writing with a link for others to read the entire thing on my blog. I will be doing this more rather than printing an entire post so the poster gets “hit credit.”

Finally, just started a new facebook page called ALZHEIMER’s: A Love Story to "document the documentary" and to begin posting some of my blog materials. I also hope to do an e-book like you did!

All for now,
m

2 comments:

  1. I'm officially famous! :P

    Can't wait till the documentary is available online… And I will eventually get around to using bits and pieces of your speech – I'm more behind than ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than famous! You are loving, caring, considerate, dedicated, articulate, etc etc. And aren't the busy ones always behind?

      Delete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!