FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, November 11, 2013

What Friends Are For

Communications with a friend.

Here are a few photos of the home of my favorite gardening blogger, Margaret Roach.  Reminds me a bit of your various homes & projects unique blend of magic, authenticity and spiritual grounded-ness.  
I looked at the photos of Margaret Roach's home. WONDERFUL! I so miss having my own garden (although at this point probably could not manage one) and while I love our condo, I really miss living in a "used" antique space. Also I really want a room of my own. Well when our ship comes in...
m

Knew you would  appreciate Margaret's home.  Your condo is magical...retains the magic of Poplar 1 & 2 ... but also pulses with your current energies, passions & downtown - connectedness.  Also, condo continues to reflect a blend of your aesthetics + Gregory's.  Your energy & incredible ability to create magic & warmth + Greg's instinct for calm. Like art, literature, nature & gardens, your home opens up spaces within oneself.  What a gift for this you have, m'Dear!  Btw...when ship comes in, here's my prescription;  keep downtown connection by living in the condo...but also rent a studio of your own, preferably in a "used antique space," wherein you create a garden ... on miniature scale ... ie. bonsai collection....or a teensy terrarium ..with teensy lawnmower & hedge-clippers?    

Lol about the miniature lawnmower and clippers! The idea of a studio is in the picture. Thanks for your wonderful analysis of our home, it is always interesting to hear how it is perceived by another (especially when the perception is complimentary:-) Interesting that you talk about Gregory's aesthetics when in fact he has none left. All of it is me. So I guess I have been creating for him. His influence on my desire for and understanding of calm and solitude and minimalism (or relative minimalism) continues. 
m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!