FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Very Narrow Approach

Today I am entertaining an acquaintance who is thinking of moving into downtown Evanston. She wanted my take on living here so I invited her over for some home made banana walnut bread and a cup of coffee.

She knows Gregory. I suggested that  he be here for the beginning of the visit but that he take himself out to lunch after a while. The timing of her visit cuts into his lunchtime. Also, he would probably not enjoy sitting around for the few hours while my guest and I chat.

I suggested he could have lunch at Pot Belly or Lulu's, both of which are within a block of the condo and ones with which he might be comfortable going to on his own. He replied, "Don't worry, I'll find food." I am worried. 

Then he said, "You know I think I will eat at that place .... No, never mind because I can't think of the name .... You know its on the street ... at the end of the block .... way down there."

I asked, "What kind of food do they serve?"

"The usual," he replied.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to comment, "Well that narrows it down quite a bit." Gregory got the joke and we both laughed.

Then he continued. "You know .... We ate there .... Once .... Don't worry I'll find food."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!