FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Always

On the way home today I listened to "Always" on my iPhone sung by Mandy Patinkin. The tears flowed but the windshield wipers were going so everything evened out. These are my affirmations that followed by the lyrics of the song.


I will always love Gregory.
I do not want to be afraid.
I do not want to be angry.
I do not want to be sad.


I only want to be kind.
I only want to be loving.
I only want to be understanding.
I only want to be supportive.


I am working on changing these "I DO NOT WANTs" to " I AM NOT" and the "I ONLY WANTs" to "I AM!" I will get there.


I will always love Gregory.
I am not afraid.
I am not angry.
I am not sad.
I am kind.
I am loving.
I am understanding.
I am supportive.


ALWAYS
By: Chet Forrest, Bob Wright, Edward Ward


Everything went wrong
And the whole day long
I'd feel so blue.


Walk along the swile
I'd forget to smile
Then I met you.


Now that my blue days have passed
Now that I have found you at last.


I'll be loving you always
With a love thats true, always.
When the things you've planned
Need a helping hand
I will understand, always. 


Days may not be fair, always
That's when I'll be there, always.
Not for just an hour,
Not for just a day,
Not for just a year.



Dreams will all come true
Growing old with you
And time will fly
Caring each day more
Than the day before
Til Spring rolls by.


Then when the Spring time had gone,
Then will my love linger on.


I'll be loving you always,
with a love that's true, always.
When the things you've planned,
need a helping hand,
I will understand, always, always.

Days may not be fair, always.
That's when I'll be there, always.
Not for just an hour,
Not for just a day,
Not for just a year, but always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!