FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Magic Wands

When asked how I would use my magic wand (Harry Potter Style) for Gregory and me I came up with the following. I do believe in magic but a wand will not really solve our problem unless we do the obvious: wave the wand and remove Dementia and all of its forms. Then while we are waving, lets get rid of all illness for everyone. Then create a world in which people could love rather than hate, help rather than harm, be truthful and loving. At least one more wave so no one has to be hungry, or thirsty, or in pain.  Wave a little more and let death be a natural way of moving on, not one of illness or violence, and make sure that the departure is not long lived (so to speak) and long suffered.

What I noticed in hearing others talk about their dealing with Alzheimer's is the huge amount of sorrow, loss, and frustration over things we cannot control. If I could better deal with those things I cannot control and feel better about those things I can control, I think I would be a better caregiver. So there, Wave ... Wave ... Wave.

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!