FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Coming Faster

This morning's conversation so far (48 minutes and counting.)

I asked G to bring his computer into my office so I could clean the screen. He did so. As I sprayed the screen and proceeded to wipe it clean, I explained that I had laid the screen flat so the cleaning solution wouldn't run into the computer.
G: "Could you do that for me?"
I look at him inquiringly.
G: "Oh, you are."

He came into the room and asked "What is today about?"
"Did you check the calendar on your computer to see?" I asked.
"No but I will." he replied.
A few minutes later I asked him what he had found out about today.
He thought for a few minutes and replied, "There was a long line of items but nothing I could tell."
We went to look at his computer together. He had been looking at his e-mail.
I showed him how to get to the calendar (again) and we saw together that there is nothing on the schedule for today.

He was pondering the medicine chest.
"Toothbrush?" I answered unasked.
Right. More pondering.
"Toothpaste?" I answered unasked.
Right. Brushing began.

He just tore a page off his "Day-At-A-Glance" calendar and as he was tossing the old page into the garbage commented with amazement, "It's still January?"

"It's 17 out. How should I dress?"

(Yesterday on commenting on the cold and asking a neighbor on the elevator what it was like outside, she answered, "Actually it's great. Sun is shining and its 80 degrees. I wish.

"Wow," G commented, "It has gotten warmer.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!