FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sometimes Even One Acknowledgement

This note was sent to me by Gregory's niece Renee, as written and given to her by Gregory's brother Mark.

It is even more meaningful to me considering Senior, as he is known, has had his own bundle of difficulties for two or three years now including the inability to talk due to a Tracheotomy after a major heart attack. 

His wife Diane has done a wonderful job in supporting and honoring him, so I give back the sentiment! I love you Maire family! 

You have never doubted me, my love for Gregory, or our relationship for over 40 years which began in an era that did not understand or respect "Gay." I value that!

In many ways you have been more family to me than family (not wanting to diminish my own family, whom I love dearly.)


1 comment:

  1. Dear Michael,
    I was so touched with the scanned message from Mark Maire. He was right on target in giving you an A+ for your extraordinary devotion to Gregory. Your sharing of your experiences and pictures is so beautiful and an incredible testimony to your creativity while going through such an emotional period in your life.

    Much love and admiration,
    B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!