FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Role Playing

To follow up on a previous post or two dealing with Gregory's new found interest in role playing, here is a list of current routines. I believe that he uses them as a form of interaction, definitely not communication as there is no sense in what he says.

Italian
Russian
Jewish
Developmentally Disabled
French
Silly
Baby Talk

To really picture what I am talking about, you need to experience him as he plays. Once he gets going, sometimes there is no stopping him until I pop a cookie into his mouth.

I get great joy out of the interactions and both Gregory and I usually dissolve into the giggles and at times get so tickled that we cannot stop laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!