FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Julia's Feedback

Today's entertainment included a singer of Jazz with his guitar. The music consisted of "oldies," was laid back, and enjoyable.

After a show, Manny and Gregory and I usually hang back while the rest of the wheel chair residents line up for the elevators. As we were finishing off our apple cider and cookies, a well dressed 80+ years old woman in her wheel chair came "foot pushing" in our direction.

She stopped and said, "I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed the article. I read it over at least ten times. His working for the Bahai is wonderful and I would love to see some of his art work.

I told her that there was going to be a show of Gregory's art work in the lobby soon and she said she would keep an eye out for it. She told me that she shared the article with her son and her grandson. The grandson is a painter too, she informed me.

She graciously thanked me again, I told her how much it meant to Gregory and I that she stopped to comment, and then she peddled off towards the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!