FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

On Sep 22, 2014, at 8:45 AM, Susan Wiseman wrote:

Michael 
Thinking of you!  Read one of your last blog entries, and although you write in an upbeat manner, it did make me feel very sad. On a more positive note, we thought of you last week while on vacation in a place called Comala in Colima.
We had the good fortune to meet the director of the Museum of Popular Art.  Suffice it to say that this man has a collection of miniatures that I know would make you green with envy.  They are amazing.  When photos are downloaded I will send you some. 
You do sound well, and I am glad.
Happy Rosh Hashana.  Give Gregory a hug for us.  We think of both of you often. 
Love
S & D

Hi S,

First love to you and to D. Will look forward to seeing the photos of the miniatures you mentioned. I do get GREEN with envy over things like that. Envy doesn't mean I wish the museum to have less but I want to have more! 

I am well and each day gets a little easier to face. Doesn't mean the Alzheimer's has gone away but it has been easier for me as Secondary Care Giver and with most of my life (all be it alone) once again my own. Gregory is doing really well for this moment in time. 

Compared to the past ... well I try not to go there if you know what I mean. But our visits are meaningful and we have a good time when we are together. Lieberman and Manny are really the best thing Judaism has ever done for me (the facility is part of CJE Council for Jewish Elderly.) 

Yes I am still very sad (as you said you were when reading my update) but I have learned to carry that sadness with me as a reminder of the great love I have for Gregory.

Soon,
Michael 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!