FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Visit With Family


As usual we had a wonderful time during your visit. For Gregory, he loves you lots and enjoys your being here. For me, it is nice to have people around the house with whom I can interact. For some strange reason, it also helps when others can see how Gregory is. 

When I am here by myself, on duty 24/7, I feel unappreciated by life. Not that I need people to "fawn" over me, but having others "experience" it with me, helps! Makes me feel less alone. Makes me feel less "crazy" myself.

So thanks for hanging in there. You both did a great job of "pretending" to understand and agree with his "nonsense" conversations. With open face and interested looks.

As we were falling asleep last night, Gregory was already sawing zzzzzzz's. I lie on my side and watched him thinking how he is so far from the man I used to know and love. Sometimes I lie there and relive various parts of our wonderful life together: milestones, business ventures, travel, family, friends, theater, entertaining, Gregory's architecture, Michael's Museum. 

But at the same time, I am alright with the fact that it is what it is and I love him at each new level. Sometimes it is frustrating, sometimes it is incomprehensible, sometimes it is down right shitty (in all implications of the word :-) But again, IT IS WHAT IT IS, and for the most part, I cope. He seems happy and content. What more could I ask?

Love you more, etc.

P.S. While this was written for you two, I will share it on the BLOG because it is part of the continuing story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!