FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Plugging In and Turning On

Every morning for I don't know how long, I have watched Gregory struggle with plugging in his electric shaver. At first I was intrigued at watching how he could not tell the orientation necessary or combination of holes in which to plug the shaver. Then I got angry. Then I resented having to "show" him every morning. Then I showed him every morning. Then I tried what you see in the photo below and voila, it worked (for now.)



The photograph below shows a similar approach to helping Gregory figure out how to turn on the heat in the bathroom while he is shaving. It doesn't work as well if only because he has to cross to the other side of the room, practice pushing the red arrow, then figure out which part of the switch below and which direction he needs to push. But most of the time he is able to succeed before he begins shivering. Maybe I'll cover the outlet to see if that makes things clearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!