FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's Only Fair

I am still navigating around having Ken living here with us. While the purpose of his being with us for the next few months is to relieve me of my 24/7 and to provide Gregory with more activity, I still have trouble ASKING for help. So at dinner I asked, "Can you and Gregory go swimming tomorrow?" Sure enough, they are both looking forward to doing so.

Tonight after dinner I announced, "It's only fair ... since I made dinner ... that Ken and Gregory should ..." And they both chimed in, "Wash the dishes." We laughed.

I left the room, did some writing at my computer desk, and enjoyed every moment of overhearing them discuss the process of washing, drying, and putting away the dishes.

The camaraderie between Gregory and Ken is beautiful to watch. And I enjoy having someone to talk to. I only hope I'm not talking his ear off!

2 comments:

  1. I think your choice of words to phrase what you'd like help with was beautifully said. As for "Talking Ken's ear off"... That's exactly what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this arrangement sounds PERFECT for all of you!! Mazel Tov on a great decision!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!