FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Cats

The cats:
I buy their food.
I feed them.
I keep their water bowls filled.
I wash their bowls.
I clean up their litter.
I keep an eye on them.
I discipline them.
I pick up after them.
I take them to the vet.
I clip their nails.
I wash them periodically.
I brush them.
As of today,
I do not get much joy out of them.
Now and then they let me pick them up.
Now and then they purr.
Now and then they make me laugh.
Not enough return for the buck.
Not enough joy for the maintainance.
As of today,
I might get rid of them.
The cats.

You see, in my life there is only me,
But it is all about him.
And now it is all about him and them.
What about me? I?

I am sure I will feel better tomorrow.
Or not.

(Sorry CM and MM and GM.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!