FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Only Two

Gregory and I had a long conversation today.

It was good for me, I am not sure how much of it he was able to follow. But my belief is still that I have two choices when things go wrong: 1) Pretend that nothing is wrong or 2) Discuss it with him.

He always chooses the later when offered the choice so I continue to discuss it with him when things go wrong. Most often the steps are too many and he cannot follow the discussion but we try anyway. If it really doesn't matter, I do pretend.

After our conversation today, Gregory said that he felt bad that his problem might mean that I can no longer be away from him to do the things I like to do.

I replied, "You know there are only two times when I feel bad about our 'situation.'

One is when I loose control and get angry or short or impatient or disrespectful and the other is when you feel bad.

We laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!