FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Half Full or Half Empty

Is the glass half full or half empty? At dinner, I usually drink two glasses of water and Gregory usually doesn't drink any of his. The usual routine is that I hand him my empty glass and he gets me a refill from the water tap in the refrigerator. Sometimes he asks if I want more ice.

This evening I handed him my glass and asked for "A little more ice also please." In the time it took for him to put my glass down on his place mat and finish chewing his mouthful, he forgot which glass was mine.

First he picked up his glass but when he got to the refrigerator he realized it was already full. He brought it back. Put it down. Studied the area. Then pointed at the empty glass and said, "This one must be mine." Which confused him more.

"No, mine is the empty one."

"Oh." He picked up the empty one, took it to the refrigerator, filled it half way, and returned it to me. I thanked him, not commenting on the lack of any additional ice.

Now you tell me, half full or half empty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!