FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just Checking In

Hi. It's been a while since I've posted so I guess you can assume that for now (how ever long that may last) things have settled down. That either means that Gregory's changes and lapses have slowed down or he has not been challenged or confused recently or it means that I have reached a new level of coping, supporting, anticipating, covering, running interference, etc.


Oh, did I mention that that last Tuesday: 1) He didn't remember how to use his key to get into condo ... but did have sense to get help from management office. 2) Because the ususal “lunch meat” in the refrigerator ran out I left him a tin of tuna for lunch but the change caused him to be totally confused about how to make lunch ... but did have sense to go out to a restaurant. and 3) He forgot how to run DVD again even though it is “one button on” and “the same button off." Then he knew how to turn off the DVD after the movie with the “one button” ... but when I complimented him, he thought he had done it all wrong and apologized.


But you know what, I remained even and that helped both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!