FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mary's Mother

Received this lovely e-mail this morning and wanted to share it with you.
Michael

I learned to meet my mother, brand new, every time I saw her.... I was always thankful she wasn't in pain and didn't know sorrow... She was like a child. She even forgot that she was once petrified of dogs... how wonderful that she forgot that horror. She did not suffer, she just didn't remember things. Her mental buffers were no longer full, overflowing with useless trivia, data, "to do" lists and reminders. She marveled at life, and loved watching finches fluttering around the bird feeder in the back yard. Her life became simpler each day. I often envied that simplicity and sometimes wish I were so lucky.

I love your sweet blogs. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Aloha from Kauai
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!