FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Remembering the Forgetting

Sometimes forgetting is good. Like this morning when Gregory asked me, "It needs to be fixed?"

I didn't remember that last night the TV and Cable Box were not communicating. He stood by my computer as I stopped working to listen while he tried to compose his thoughts.

I finally asked, "Can you show me?"

He said, "Yes" and I followed him into the TV room where he stood trying to remember what he wanted to tell me about.

Then I remembered the TV and all was well. "The TV?"

"Yes," he glowed!

I thanked him for reminding me and he felt good. All was well ... including my smiling loving face and my breaking heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!