FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Yesterday at The Lieberman

After a few positive interactions between Betty and myself (she is NOT always in a good mood) she wanted to introduce me to her daughter who had joined her for dinner (I have met the daughter several times before.)

"This is what I could call a ... (pause looking for the right word - then promoted by me "... a gentleman and a scholar.") "Yes, gentleman and scholar. He is the kind of man you want to have around when things are not quite in the correct order!"

At dinner, the Social Worker asked me if I could help Frieda with the Sabbath Blessing Over the Wine. Frieda is a tiny, wizened, nearly blind woman who sounds like Donald Duck on Helium when she talks. So I crouched down next to her wheel chair and believing I was her father, Frieda and I together chanted the blessing. As an added benefit, we also did the Blessing over the Bread.

The day before, Pat and I visited Gregory on my Birthday. When he saw her, he was very pleased, smiled, and said in a complete sentence, "You are so beautiful!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!