FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Coat and the Hanger: A Comedy of Errors

Gregory said he was cold. I suggested he put on a coat.

He went to the closet where a stick was placed through the handles to keep it closed from the cats.

He was able to take out the stick but that new situation caused him to forget how to open the doors.

With a little help he was able to open the door.

I suggested he put on his softer gray jacket to keep him warm.

He took it out of the closet and put it on but the hanger was still in the coat.

He realized what he had done and took the hanger out but didn't know where to put the hanger.

I suggested that he hang it back up.

While hanging up the hanger, he saw his brown jacket.

He took it off the hanger, put it between his knees, took off the gray jacket, put it on the hanger and hung it up.

I just watched.

He put on the brown jacket backwards pushing out the sleeves when they did not let him put his arms through.

The brown jacket was now on inside out.

He tried to zip the jacket but couldn't after many tries because it was inside out.

I mentioned that the jacket was inside out.

He took it off, turned it right side out and put it on and zipped it up, proud of himself.

While still standing there he took it off and asked me if it was right.

I said yes it was and asked why he took it off.

He put it back on and zipped it up. He took it off again and didn't know what to do with it.

I suggested he hang it up but he couldn't get the closet door open.

He handed me the coat, said "Do something with it," and out of exasperation I tossed it into the garbage can.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it was better than throwing Gregory into the garbage can!

    If this all weren't so exasperating, it would actually be humorous.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!