FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spoiler Alert

Do not read this if you are squeamish about a person shitting their pants or if you have never been a mother or a father having had to change your child's diaper or training pants.

Cleaning up a child's messy butt with moist toilettes and rinsing out a filled diaper is not for the weak at heart.

He came down with a bad cough yesterday and maybe that is why. We were both taking a late morning nap and the bedroom smelled like what a full diaper smells like, if you remember.

While I have never been, am not now, and hope never to be a parent; I do remember from my baby sitting days what that smell is like. It is much more than a fart but and much more than a dump in the appropriate location. And it lingers.

It was not a full load, just a fart's amount gone awry but none the less all the information I needed to inquire and inspect the situation was there.

Since he is not good at communicating, and probably didn't even realize what had happened, I am grateful for my sensitive nose. I used to say that I could smell a batch of cookies in the oven when they were just about ready to be taken out. Sorry for the mixed. chocolate chip cookies metaphor.

I was able to attend to doody or is it duty without making him feel bad and with being able to keep my breakfast down.

Enough said. Or have I said too much already?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!