FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Life in Retrospect

So in talking to Gregory about my taking over more, I said that there was no way of my going through these major changes nicely without making him feel bad, so I need a couple of days to adjust to the changes and then I will be able to be more gracious.

He cried, held my hand, and said, "I am so so sad for you. I am so sad. I love you so much."

I held his hand back and said, "I know it's not your fault. Our love for each other is never in question. I am and will be here for you. We will get through this the best we can. This is our life now. We will get through."

By this afternoon we got a good report from the skin doctor, browsed Create and Barrel, bought a massage vest from Brookstone, had a great hamburger at EPIC burger, cruised the store manager, went to Dominic's for a few groceries, and are now having our afternoon coffee.

It was (is) as if today (was) is no different from any other day. A friend Nancy said about herself when having night time panic, "Life always looks better in the daylight." That saying has helped me through many a night. To help with the day I might add, "Life always looks better later or in retrospect!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!