FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, July 6, 2015

The Big Bang Theory

Gregory and I love the "Big Bang Theory" TV series. When Sheldon, one of the series characters, was ill as a little boy, his mother would sing the "Soft Kitty" song to him. Beginning about three years ago, I would often sing it to Gregory when we went to sleep at night. He would always giggle. Now I sing it when he is going to take a nap and it relaxes him and puts him to sleep.

In this photograph he looks so peaceful, thus the name of his bear "Peaceful the Bear." I makes my heart feel good knowing that in this state Gregory is not troubled, or concerned, or agitated, or worried. Just peaceful. (Not to say that he is not peaceful at other times during the day! A double negative meaning that he IS peaceful at other times!)

Even though he is in a wheel chair, once tipped back everyone needs a blanket to take a nap so I bought this special one only to be used for naps.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!