FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Delirium vs Dementia

I learned this the hard way. Gregory and I had been visiting family in Michigan and he began a horrendous fever/ cold/cough. By the time the weekend was over and we drove home four and a half hours to Evanston, he was really ill.

At the time he was still functioning fairly well with his Dementia but due to the Delirium he was down to 10-20% of his former already lowered self. I had no idea what was going on. I was able to compensate, calm him down, and get him to bed but it was a trial by fire for me.

Some weeks later I came across an article about Delirium and BINGO, I understood what I had experienced! It occurred again when he had his bout with Kidney Stones. This time I was prepared.

To find out more, read on:
http://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/7-20-15-delirium-vs-dementia/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!