FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Alzheimer's: A Love Story


Watched second rough cut of "Alzheimer's: A Love Story."
Cried.
Watched it a second and third time.
Cried.

Gabe, Monica, Amanda, and Riani did a fine job of condensing 40+ years of love and 11+ years of walking the path of Alzheimer's into a 15 minute documentary! Not an easy job. But when you watch it, you will see, it is all about one thing: LOVE!

Next step is for me to attend the screening in LA. As I find out more about PBS and other film festivals, I will keep you posted here. Eventually I will be hosting a screening at the Lieberman Center and at my condo. Finally it will be available here on the blog.

Hopefully the documentary will not only shed more light on Alzheimer's and the JOY carried on the shoulders of SORROW that it brings, but also on same sex couples who are walking the same path that Gregory and I have been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!