FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lieberman Spring Carnival

I am sure I will be writing about this for several days to come but meanwhile this is my thank you to the helpers who joined me today at the Carnival:

DL, SL, SL, JY, JB, IB, CA, LG, WG, EM, NC, HS, RS, SL, JL, PA, MP, SSP, RM, NL, RL, RL, KN, VN,

A vision is no good without people to help you support that vision. Thanks so much for your help today at Lieberman and for being the first to help usher in my 70th year.

Together we made so many people happy including Lieberman residents and their families, Lieberman staff, and very importantly each other. Events like this, which for the most part take only a little energy, pay back with such great rewards of joy. 

So many laughs, so many smiles, so many thank yous, so many boxes of popcorn and push-ups, so many men and woman hugging their prize Beanie Babies, were our thanks. I do consider the ability to spread the joy a gift from Gregory and a gift of Alzheimer’s. 

As I said, Gregory may not be able to remember your name or exactly how you connect to his life, but he does know and feel your love for him and knows that you are special to him as well!

I love you all and consider myself blessed to have you in my life and for your continuing loyalty to Gregory and me!

Michael





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!