FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Yesterday at Lieberman

"I love you very much."
No notice.

"I love you more than the highest mountain."
Head turned towards me but out of focus.

"I love you more than the deepest ocean."
Head turned towards me in focus.

"I love you more than all the stars in the sky."
Looking at me with a quivering chin.

"I love you more than all the sand in the desert."
One tear rolls down his cheek.

"Why?" he says.

"Because you are wonderful. You are handsome."
"You are intelligent. You are kind."

More tears roll down his cheek.
"And I will always love you and always be here for you."

Time to hug him, and rock, and cry with him.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely stunningly beautiful Michael <3

    how lucky you are to have each other and deeply loving moments such as this… <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky to have so many loving moments together!

      Delete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!