FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

I'm Not Going to Miss You

Have I posted this previously? It is the song that Glenn Campbell wrote in his dealing with Alzheimer's as a farewell. I have previously posted it but I cried again through it on the Oscar Awards. Cry? No sob, howl. Panic that I would loose myself in my grief and not be able to be found! So I slowed myself down, tucked my grief back into the past, and for now will let it stay there. I hurt beyond belief at all that I have lost, at all that Gregory and I can no longer have in common, at all we can no longer share, and at all that Gregory will no longer miss. I just need to get through tonight so I can get up early and go to Lieberman to hug and kiss and love Gregory who I miss and will miss more and more, and maybe I'll cry into his shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

I'm still here, but yet I'm gone
I don't play guitar or sing my songs
They never defined who I am
The man that loves you 'til the end
You're the last person I will love
You're the last face I will recall
And best of all, I'm not gonna miss you
Not gonna miss you
I'm never gonna hold you like I did
Or say I love you to the kids
You're never gonna see it in my eyes
It's not gonna hurt me when you cry
I'm never gonna know what you go through
All the things I say or do
All the hurt and all the pain
One thing selfishly remains
I'm not gonna miss you
I'm not gonna miss you



1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    I too bawled when they performed the Glen Campbell song at the Oscars. No not just a few tears but loud unfeminine, okay so I am not that feminine any way, blubbering! I am crying now as I type. I don't think it is so much for my mother but for all endings of that or those whom we love. So big boy, I am reaching out putting my hand on your forehead and saying, "You are okay, cool as a cucumber." We must remember that though all will be gone for us including ourselves, there will still be love in the world...so break out the chocolate, and pass the Chinese food.

    Love ya,
    J

    PS R sends his love. Half the time he doesn't understand my craziness, he is too busy doing math, solving puzzles and doing denial, but he held me when I blubbered. He is a good man and so are you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!