FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Crying Myself Silently

I have learned to cry myself silently
Without making a silly squeak
No body shakes or loud noises
But tears still as large as sobs

A song, an idea, a line in a play
Bring on a wave of emotions
I have learned to cry myself silently
But tears still as large as the ocean.

A thought, a memory, a photograph
Bring on an attack of emotions
I have learned to cry myself silently
But tears still as large as wars

Over time, I have learned to say
"Thank you emotions
"Thank you tears
"Just not right now




1 comment:

  1. I've learned that poetry is a great way to let out feelings and steam in a way that is safe and constructive rather than destructive! Nice piece :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!