FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Reply to the Reply

N,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful, long e-mail. Your valiant journey with your Mom’s Alzheimer’s and your Dad’s battle with heart problems is very apparent through your comments. It is amazing what love brings out in us and how we can feel such joy because of it. My love to you on your mom and dad’s passing.

I agree that going through these journeys with you life partner love is different than going through it with your parents but it never is easy no matter which. I consider myself fortunate for the abilities I have gained and been able to demonstrate with Gregory and my journey through Alzheimer’s and recognize the many life gifts both the disease and Gregory has given us! You will find that my blog is honest and raw but also uplifting. Feel free to share it with whomever you think might benefit.

Faith aside, I appreciate you holding us in your thoughts. 

Fondly,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!