FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Martha and Others

Martha thanked me again for her ring and shyly asked if she could have another one to put on top of the first one I gave her. I told her I will see what I can do.

Minnie, who sits in the fifth floor lobby, always asks this sequence of questions when I step off the elevator.
"Who are you?"
"Michael."
"Why are you here?"
"I am a visitor."
"Where were you born?"
"In Chicago."
Today, looking at my stomach, she added, "Are you pregnant?
In reply to where "Where you born?" I answered, "In a hospital."
"A wise guy, huh?" she replied.


Morris always goes out of his way to wish me a "Shabbat Shalom" which is a greeting used to one a happy Sabbath. In Judaism the Sabbath begins on Friday at sun down and lasts until Saturday at sun down. No matter the day; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday; no matter the time of day; Morris wishes me "Shabbat Shalom."

Shirley sits by the front door to the Lieberman Center and whenever possible likes to sit in the sun outside the front door. This is how I cam to meet her with my making comments like, "How is the sun today?" "What did you do with the sun today?" "Maybe there will be sun tomorrow." etc. On November 11th, Shirley turned 96. I brought her a card and in the hopes she was not diabetic, a chocolate bar. You would have thought I gave her the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!