FOR GREGORY. He was not a VICTIM of ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, he was a HERO!

PLEASE NOTE: Even though this blog is now dormant there are many useful, insightful posts. Scroll back from the end or forward from the beginning. Also, check out my writer's blog. Periodically I will add posts here if they provide additional information about living well with Dementia / Alzheimer's Disease.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

This Evening at Lieberman

M: "May I call you Jack."
Me: "Yes you may."
M: "Is that your name?"
Me: "No."
M: "Then what is your name?"
Me: "Michael."
M: "Well I'll call you that then."

Be: (at the dinner table) "I want to go to my room. Will you take me to my room?"
Me: "I can't take you to your room."
Be: "Why? I want to go to my room."
Me: "Because I am not allowed to."
Be: "Why? I want to go to my room."
Me: "Because the boss won't let me."
Be: "Who is the boss? I want to go to my room."
Me: "The man who makes the decisions."
Be: "I want to go to my room. Will You take me to my room?"

H: "Fuck you!"

Ba: Mimicking "I want to go to my room. I want to go to my room. I want to go to my room. WHY DON'T YOU TAKE ME TO MY ROOM SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT YOU WANTING TO GO TO YOUR ROOM ANYMORE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. You are appreciated! If you do not have a sign-in on any of the accounts below ... use ANONYMOUS. All comments are moderated and will appear as appropriate. Thanks. Please, keep commenting!